Ahhh the "Big Easy", Creasent City, NOLA whatever you want to call it New Orleans is the perfect weekend get away.


Camo Man and I traveled down south to New Orleans for our anniversary. The best time to experience this romantic city is in March.  The weather was wonderful and the street crowds were small.
Even if you are not looking, there is so much to see and experience. We walked right into this...
The Oyster Jubilee happening on one block.
Different local restaurants (there are many) were showcasing their talents on preparing oyster poboys.
These sweet petite ladies were gracious enough to let me take their picture while they passed out beignets. Now come on y'all in what city can you go and beignets are being passed out on the street?
Look very closely can you see it? The french bread. One city block long..They were making the worlds largest poboy and we got to witness it.

Oh the smooth sound of Jazz, Camo Man stood and listened to this street band, while he was being entertained I went into a few shops to do a little shopping.
What a sight to behold, this balcony was so calm and quite while on the street below was filled with hustle and bustle (Well to be honest mostly Hustler, Larry Flints Hustler Club)  Warning...parts of New Orleans are not for everyone.

The only draw back to all this beauty... is the darn HUMIDITY.  Gosh look at that hair. I had it straighted like a board, but by lunch I look like .... well there is a saying about a horse!    (E-mail me if you need the rest of that saying, cause not sure if it is just a southern one)
TRIP TIP #1...Please travelers ask someone to take your photo...
I offer if I see a couple trying to get a photo, Camo Man says I am intruding. I think they will appreciate it when they get home and look back at the memory.
This is our only picture and of course we took it our self. Not very flattering..straight up the nose!

JOIN ME FOR MY NEXT POST : 
New Orleans con't. (Our accommodations, St. Joseph and Trip Tip #2)

Missy
Southern Queen Bee

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's one big po-boy!

Robin Beck said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time!
I agree with you on the picture deal. In fact when I see a family or couple where one of them is taking the picture, I always jump in and offer to take it for them. So I'm a big intruder too. :)

I think the photo is cute of you guys though!

Can't wait to see part II

Robin~♥

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

It's one place I've always wanted to go!

Heathahlee said...

My husband would think he had died and gone to heaven with that poboy! : )

Glad y'all had fun!

Darlene said...

It looks and sounds like a fabulous trip. Also March would be a great time with it still being cool out. Look at that big po-boy!!!♥

Kerin said...

Great pictures!! It sure makes me want to go to NOLA for a visit!!
I would love the jazz and of course the beignets :)
Can't wait to see more pictures of your trip!!
Have a wonderful day !!
p.s. love the clover too in a earlier post too!!!

Robin Beck said...

Hey Missy,
I'm not doing too good with the diet Coke thing. I went about 40 days without drinking it but didn't feel any different/better. Funny thing though, when I did break down and have one it gave me a terrible headache! My legs ached real bad too for a couple of days. (???) I've only had 3 since I quit. I wish I could find something bubbly without sugar that would work for me. The bubbly waters hurt my stomach.
Five years is a long time... That is really great you have gone that long!
I'll get there...I haven't had flour, rye, barley or oats for almost 3 years and had to give up anything with MSG in it too (Seems like everything has MSG in it) So I know I can do it. :)
Robin~♥

Teresa said...

What a FUN trip!
ANd I soooooo know what you mean about the HAIR!
When we used to go to the BAMA football games my hair looked a wreck with HUMIDITY before we finally made it to the game!
I don't miss that HUMID weather one bit!
Just got off the phone with my Dad!
He says it's almost unbearable in ALabama!
Oh!
ANd I want a BITe of that PoBoy! ;o)
Thanks for popping over to Bainbridge!
xoxox

Anonymous said...

Looks like a very fun trip! That is a great idea to have someone take your photo. We have years of pictures and we are never in them together.

Nearly there Claire said...

Well I think your hair looks perfect!!! That's coming from someone who straightens hers to within an inch of it's life everyday! X

Wendy said...

Enjoyed your photo's. Never have been to New Orleans so it was fun looking at your pictures. What a great poboy...have to ask is that a southern name for sub?
Looks like a great day :)
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Missy, what adventures!!!

Oh man.. I can't wait to see the hotel room.. ooo'lala' bebe'!

Nothing like getting away for some much needed r&r my dear and I'm sooo happy you did! But I'm glad you back now!

Miss you on f/b.. but I'd rather not have the bugs that come with it.

Sending my love,
Olivia