TRAVEL PARTNER...

Well we are at it again...planning for the open road.
Round Top, TX
I want to go so bad, but could not go it alone...
I have done it, convinced her to be my traveling partner once again!
   HIPP HIPP HOORAY
My traveling partner and I just can't seem to get enough of this great place.
Speaking of traveling partner let me tell you a little bit about her...


Saints Super Bowl Party 2010


 It is not hard to guess who the best travel partner in the world is...
My beautiful, talented, sister Susie   (susieharrisblog.com).
She knows just how many miles to push me after I complain of IBS.
And I am fine when we have to shop till we find that perfect thing and then figure how the heck we are gonna get it home.


Party at Susie's house
Heck who can you show up for a party and realize that we dressed almost identical? She was not even mad. We laugh at how much we are alike. I never told her, but I secretly wished we were twins. I love it when people ask us that. (and not because I am two years older HAHA).


Southern Living Show Home
She knows when to act like a lady...
and when to be silly...


Caught playing with the hats at Dillard's
Even though we only live five miles away from each other with husbands, kids and even our dogs we can never visit enough.
On the open road we share our childhood memories, even though I told the same story two trips before.
Love it how she let me play on my I Phone all night with the bathroom light on. It will be ok this time I think the newness has worn off now.
She has to bring her own blankets and how I can't let my bare feet touch the hotel floor.
Now we request extra towels before we even get to the room. Yes, I am the towel hog.


Blog Convention in Nashville

I love the way that we can even talk with our eyes..
I can get a little chatty and she can give me that look that says "Let's move on!"

The crazy day she supported  me in my  attempt to make a King Cake
Oh and when on a trip I have to be able to split that huge stuffed potato, or better yet, be able to take a sip of her Sonic Route 44 when I am choking on chips.
Our road trips give us the time we need, even though as we get closer to returning home I notice we talk even faster to get everything in...
Yea...looks like in Sept. I will be heading back to Round Top for another girls adventure...

NEXT POST :  Booths To See In Round Top
Have a great week,
Missy
Southern Queen Bee

11 comments:

Kerin said...

Sounds like a blast!! You are a very lucky girl to have such a great sister!! I have a best friend that I consider my sister :)
We always laugh and say "yes", whenever someone asks if we are sisters. And then argue who is the eldest and wisest :) (that would be her.... she's 7 yrs. older than I am, and certainly wiser!)
I am happy for you to take a fun trip! Stay safe, and bring back lots of pictures to share :)

Robin Beck said...

You two are so blessed to have each other! I always wanted a sister but only have a brother.
I laughed when you guys dressed alike. My cousin Jody was born on the same day as I but two years younger. I went to visit her and we both had on camo pants and a black shirt...My Aunt (her mother) freaks out when I visit because Jody and I have the same mannerism. Gotta love those family genes!

Have a great time in September-I KNOW you will. Hey, I'm so happy to hear I am not the only person that won't let my bare feet touch a hotel floor! You make me feel so normal~:)
Robin~♥

vintage girl at heart said...

You are two beautiful and lucky girls to be sooo close and to have so much fun together!!
We will be living vicariously through you two on this upcoming trip!!!
Y'all have fun!!

Teresa said...

Oh how much fun!
Do you know what I would give to live 5 miles from my sissy!
I live a woppin' 2600 miles from my Best Friend Sister!
Haven't seen her in over a year!
She and my best friend are flying in to Seattle 8 weeks from today!
Yeah!
Enjoy your SIS!
xo

Sue said...

You two girls have a good time together and make some more memories for yourselves! :-) Sue

Twice as Nice said...

Nothing like sisterly love!! Wish we could join ya. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

This on again off again trip has my head spinnin'. You know the fun is in the journey sister. We could drive to calamazoo and I still would laugh all the way....next to you :)
love ya~

Wendy said...

This is exactly what I hope and wish for my girls when they are grown! You are so lucky to have a sister :)
Sounds like it is going to be a blast!!
Wendy

FourSistersInACottage said...

OH WHAT LUCKY GIRLS!!!!
It's on my bucket list so someday I'll get to experience it too!!!
Have a BLAST (I know you will)
And thanks bunches for your thoughts and prayers for my Army Daughters.
Hugs, Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

Heathahlee said...

What a sweet post! Having been able to share some of that sister time with y'all in Nashville, I know y'all love each other so much, and have so much fun together. I wish I lived closer so I could visit both of you. Whatever happened to our Natchez trip? :D Oh well, maybe next year!

Unknown said...

I am so jealous - I want to GOOOOOOOOO - but I can't - will be heading to Sanibel Island instead - so, I want to hear ALL about it!